Thin at 1.0″ and weighing 5.79 lb, the 15.6″ ZBook 15 G5 Mobile Workstation from HP has been designed to thrive with heavy rendering, engineering, and simulation workflows. It is powered by a 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7-8850H Six-Core processor which allows you to run multiple applications simultaneously. If you need more power, the system can be overclocked to 4.3 GHz using Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 technology. The 16GB of 2666 MHz DDR4 RAM helps to ensure smooth multitasking and also allows the computer to quickly access frequently used files and programs.
The 15.6″ display features IPS (In-Plane Switching) technology, a Full HD 1920 x 1080 screen resolution, an anti-glare finish, LED-backlighting, a 16:9 aspect ratio, a contrast ratio of 600:1, a refresh rate of 60 Hz, a brightness of 220 cd/m2, 141 ppi, and viewing angles 85/85/85/85°. You’ll also be able to output video to an external display at resolutions up to 5120 x 2880 using the system’s HDMI 2.0 and dual Thunderbolt 3 ports, the latter of which supports DisplayPort 1.3.
For long-term storage of your files, this ZBook 15 G5 is equipped with a 1TB SATA drive and 256GB NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD with TLC flash memory, which offers quick access to your data. If you want to add external storage, optical drives, memory card readers, and more, the ZBook 15 G5 offers two 40 Gb/s Thunderbolt 3 ports that also support 10 Gb/s USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C. There are also two 5 Gb/s USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-A ports and one USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-A charging port. Gigabit Ethernet and 802.11ac Wi-Fi are also built-in for wired and wireless networking, and Bluetooth 5.0 technology will also allow you to connect additional compatible peripherals. So that content from memory cards may be accessed, a built-in SD/SDHC/SDXC card reader supports UHS-II flash media and lets users download content from their digital camera. Other integrated features include a 720p webcam, dual-array microphones, stereo speakers with Bang & Olufsen HD audio, and a SmartCard reader.
The ZBook 15 G5 includes a 150W Slim Smart AC adapter that operates using 100-240 VAC at 47-63 Hz, a power cord, and an HP Long Life 4-cell / 90Wh lithium-ion polymer battery that can typically be recharged in 3-5 hours, or up to 90% in 90 minutes using HP Fast Charge, and lasts for up to 16.5 hours. The installed operating system is Windows 10 Pro (64-bit) and recovery media is also included. Protection is provided by a limited 1-year warranty.
ZBook 15 G5
DisplayPort 1.3 Protocol Features Supported via Thunderbolt 3
- Legacy displays (HDMI, DVI, and VGA) may be attached to the Thunderbolt port with the use of a certified dongle
- DisplayPort monitors capable of supporting DisplayPort 1.3 may be directly attached to the Thunderbolt port to achieve HBR2 with the use a dongle
- Thunderbolt 3-enabled monitors may be directly attached to the Thunderbolt port to achieve HBR2 and MST
- DisplayPort 1.3 MST (“daisy-chain” feature) is supported through the Thunderbolt 3 port on Thunderbolt 3-enabled devices or DisplayPort 1.3 monitors (requires monitor with DisplayPort 1.3 MST capability) with the use of a dongle
- Up to two streams (eight lanes) of DisplayPort 1.3 are supported over a single Thunderbolt 3 port. Up to two 4K displays with 24/30-bit color depth at 60 Hz or one 5K display are supported over a single Thunderbolt 3 port. An Intel-certified Thunderbolt cable is required
- DisplayPort 1.3 w/MST (Multi-stream Transport) supports resolutions up to Full 4K with 24/30-bit color depth at 60 Hz, and WUXGA (1920 x1200) monitors with a 24/30-bit color depth at 120 Hz
Multi-Display Support with the HP Thunderbolt Dock G2
Multi-Display Support without the HP Thunderbolt Dock G2
Up to 64GB RAM
HP 720p HD Privacy Webcam
- Privacy Camera features a sliding camera shutter
- HD format (widescreen)
- Supports videoconferencing and still image capture
- High-quality fixed-focus lens
- Video capture at various resolutions up to 1280 x 720 resolution (720p) and up to 30 fps
- M-JPEG compression supports higher frame rates for video capture and videoconferencing
- Improved low-light sensitivity
- Improved dynamic range