The HP Z230 Business Tower WorkStation F1M15UT from HP delivers powerful performance in a tower form factor and is designed for professionals who require high reliability. With the capabilities to operate in immersive work environments and handle 24x7x365 workloads, the Z230 delivers processor and graphics technologies in a compact yet expandable tower.
This system is powered by a 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5-4590 Quad-Core processor which will allow you to run multiple applications simultaneously. If you need more power, the CPU can be overclocked to 3.7 GHz using Intel’s Turbo Boost technology. The 4GB of 1600 MHz PC3-12800 DDR3 SDRAM helps to ensure smooth multitasking and also allows the computer to quickly access frequently-used files and programs. While the current memory configuration is 1 x 4GB, there are four total memory slots that will allow the RAM to be upgraded to 32GB, using one 8GB chip in each of the four memory slots.
For long term storage of your files, a 1TB 7200 rpm SATA hard drive offers quick access to your data. If you want to add external storage drives or other peripherals, the Z230 features 5 x USB 3.0 ports and 9 x USB 2.0 ports. For users who wish to add additional components to the drive bays, the Z230 has a total of six expansion bays – 3 x 5.25″ external bays, 2 x 3.5″ internal bays, and 1 x 2.5″ internal bay. There are also a total of five PCIe and PCI expansion slots. The integrated 2GB NVIDIA Graphics is designed to deliver a sharp, clear picture while allowing for a wide range of monitors to be used via its dual DisplayPorts and single DVI port. The 2GB NVIDIA Graphics controller also supports simultaneous use of up to three displays. Whether you are listening to music, watching a movie, or playing a game, the integrated Realtek HD ALC221 outputs high definition audio and delivers higher fidelity than standard audio controllers.
The HP Z230 Business Tower WorkStation F1M15UT operates on 123-230 VAC and includes a USB keyboard, a USB mouse, and a power cord. While the installed operating system is Windows 10 Professional (64-bit), a Windows 8.1 Professional (64-bit) license and media is included.
HP Z230 Business Tower WorkStation
- SuperMulti DVD Burner
- A Slim SATA SuperMulti DVD Burner with Dual Layer support and LightScribe is included for reading and writing to a variety of CD and DVD media, including DVD-RAM/±R/±RW, and more
- Gigabit Ethernet
- The system uses an integrated Intel I217LM PCIe Gigabit Ethernet controller for Internet access when connected to a router, modem, or network switch
- 5 x USB 3.0 Ports
- The Z230 features 5 x USB 3.0 ports that will allow you to connect external peripherals such as hard drives, printers, and memory card readers. At 5 Gb/s, USB 3.0 transfers data up to 10 times faster than USB 2.0, which operates at 480 Mb/s. USB 3.0’s high-speed transfer rate helps to significantly reduce data transfer times, meaning you spend less time waiting and more time focusing on the task at hand
- Security Management
- HP Solenoid Hood Lock & Hood Sensor
HP Business PC Security Lock Kit
TPM 1.2 certified
- Intel Turbo Boost Technology
- Intel Turbo Boost Technology is a way to automatically run the processor core faster than the marked frequency if the part is operating under power, temperature, and current specification limits. When the Operating System requests a frequency higher than the maximum rated frequency of the processor, increased performance of both single and multi-threaded applications is observed. However, Intel Turbo Boost Technology does not last indefinitely. Additionally, whether the processor enters into Turbo Boost, the amount of time it spends in the boosted state depends on the workload and operating environment. Some processors may not achieve maximum turbo frequencies when running heavy workloads and using multiple cores concurrently. The maximum overclock speed for this system is 3.7 GHz
- Intel vPro Technology
- Intel vPro Technology is a set of security and manageability capabilities built into the processor that helps to address four areas of IT security:
1) Threat management, including protection from rootkits, viruses, and malware
2) Identity and web site access point protection
3) Confidential personal and business data protection
4) Remote and local monitoring, remediation, and repair of PCs and workstations